Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 27 - Orthopedics Appt.

Back to the doc today. Everything looking good, so the final sutures were removed from the outside of my right ankle and replaced by steri-strips. My right ankle was put in a cast rather than back into a splint, and it will probably be there for a month.

_MG_4379

Swelling is so far down it actually looks like my foot again! As always, surprising how far my leg has atrophied.

_MG_4381

This was right after the sutures were removed, and before the incision was steri-stripped. Looks SO much better than it did 3 weeks ago!

_MG_4384

So now I've got two casts - my left is in sort of a burgundy/cabernet/merlot color and the right is in blaze freakin' fluorescent orange. (Really, the orange is crazy bright. The photo doesn't begin to do it justice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment